Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Have you had a bad experience with your XBOX 360?

I posted a similar question earlier and I was amazed at what people had to say. Customer service is horrible. How has your experience been? There is power in numbers. I would love to log multiple experiences and send them to microsoft. (I don%26#39;t want your names simply your experiences)



What was your experience?



Thank you so much!



Answer:

I%26#39;ve got a pretty good story. I bought a *brand new* 360 from Best Buy in November. When I got it home, I noticed some scuffs and dings on the surface and the hard drive, and some hand grease on the controller. I started up the unit and put in Gears of War. The system immediately froze up and flashed three red lights on the circle. I called MS tech support and spent an hour and a half on hold. Finally I talked to man who intorduced himself as Akmed and spoke poor English. His suggestion was to restart the unit an try again. I told him that I had. He suggested making sure the date and time were correct. I hung up, packed it all back up and returned the bundle to Best Buy. They were very gracious and said that it had been happening to about a third of the systems they%26#39;ve sold. They gave me another unit and said to just bring it back to them if I had any more problems, because MS tech support is spotty. I opened the new unit up. No scratches or grease, and it%26#39;s worked fine. My suspicion is that MS had refurbed an old unit and repackaged it as *new* to meet the demand caused by the launch of the PS3 and Wii. How crappy is that? yes, my little brother smashed it with a hammer when he was mad at me for not keeping a BIG promise, but considering i got a Wii after he smashed my Xbox 360, it was overall a good experience My Xbox 360 has been amazing. Nothing has happened with it. I have never had to call any customer service. Xbox 360%26#39;s are the best. i found it to be good so far there customer service is terrible when my 360 overheated I called up and got it fixed with a new heating fan. It was $22 shipping that they never reimbursed me for and it took the 2 and a half months to get it fixed. My problem is with the disk drive i think. It creates a large buzzing noise when reading games and dvds only to stop and display either %26#39;Unplayerble Disk%26#39; or %26#39;Please play this disk with an xbox 360 console%26#39;. I was very frustrated so i phoned microsoft support and was told that if it had a problem with dvd playback then thats my problem, saying that it was a games console.

No comments:

Post a Comment